Audiomesh / Audiomesh Lyo
Perforations in nasal septum are a well-known problem for rhinologists. Audiomesh / Audiomesh Lyo allow to close small perforations (with diameter not larger than 1 cm). Read the catalogue for more information.
Audiomesh / Audiomesh Lyo is a deantigenated equine pericardium membrane suitable for:
- Tympanic reconstruction
- Closure of hole / perforation in nasal septum
It’s available conserved in liquid (Audiomesh) or freeze-dried (Audiomesh Lyo). Depending by its destination of use, tympanic or nasal septum reconstruction, Audiomesh membrane is available in different sizes and shapes.
The resistant structure allows to fix it with suturing points which can withstand even to strong tractions.
Audiomesh doesn’t need to be removed and doesn’t rise any phlogistic reaction: the toxicity grade is zero. In about 3 months it gets totally reabsorbed and gets replaced by patients’ tissue, whereupon the barrier created by the membrane doesn’t disappear but turns into patients’ tissue.
Audiomesh needs to be rinsed in saline as per instruction of use.
Audiomesh Lyo is instead ready for use (freeze-dried version is not available in all the sizes and shapes)
- Holes of mm. 2 diameter.
- Part corresponding to external auditory canal.
- Part corresponding to tympanic membrane.
- Site for the hole for insertion of malleus handle – diameter mm. 1.
- Canal skin placed over AudioMesh®.
- Points of contact between skin and bone of external auditory canal.
|R 20.01 H||Nasal dorsum sheet||50 mm||30 mm||0.1 – 0.2 mm|
|R 20.02 H||Nasal dorsum sheet||55 mm||30 mm||0.1 – 0.2 mm|
|R 20.03 H||Nasal dorsum sheet||60 mm||40 mm||0.1 – 0.2 mm|
|R 20.04 H R/L||Tympanic Audiomesh (Left and Right)||25 mm||25 mm||0.1 – 0.2 mm|
|R 20.05 H||Sheet for nasal septum – small||30 mm||30 mm||0.1 – 0.2 mm|
|R 20.07 H||Sheet for nasal septum – medium||30 mm||40 mm||0.1 – 0.2 mm|
|R 20.08 H||Sheet for nasal septum – large||30 mm||60 mm||0.1 – 0.2 mm|
- Available in tympanic anatomic shape or nasal sheets
- Completely replaced by patients’ tissue in 2/3 months
- Equine source immune from BSE prion
- Thousands of cases in more than 20 years of clinical use